Casey Anthony's Mother Speaks Out In Rare Interview, Over A Decade After Daughter's Murder Trial

Casey Anthony's Mother Speaks Out In Rare Interview, Over A Decade After Daughter's Murder Trial

Casey Anthony was arrested when her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, went missing and her remains were found later.

In a new interview, Cindy Anthony is reuniting with a crime scene investigator who helped recover the body of her granddaughter, Caylee. The infamous case made national headlines after Cindy reported to the police that she had not seen her granddaughter for a month. Cindy's daughter, Casey was arrested on charges of child neglect in July 2008 and she told the police that her babysitter had vanished with her daughter. After a massive search for the toddler, skeletal remains were finally discovered in a wooded lot, less than one-third of a mile from the Anthony family home. It was determined to be that of Caylee's and Casey was charged with first-degree murder.



According to PEOPLE, Casey Anthony's 2011 trial was a media circus but she was finally acquitted of murder and manslaughter charges on July 5, 2011. She was found not guilty of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, and aggravated manslaughter of a child. However, she was convicted of four counts of lying to the police. Cindy gave a rare interview about the high-profile case that tore her family apart to Crime Scene Confidential on Investigation Discovery. Cindy expressed her anguish and gratitude for those who found her granddaughter's body. She got emotional as she spoke to host, C.S.I and forensic expert Alina Burroughs about their work. "I know you guys didn't want to leave until you found every single [bone]," she told Burroughs. "We had an obligation to her and to you and your family to bring her home," Burroughs replied. "Believe me, I appreciate that I really do," Cindy said. "That means a lot. It means a lot." 



According to Pop Culture, Casey Anthony has maintained her innocence and was recently in the news due to an altercation with her reported "mortal enemy" at a bar in Florida. The now 35-year-old called the police after she alleged that a person had thrown a drink in her face. Bodycam footage revealed that the drink hit her leg. Casey also tried writing a book about her life including the trial and her daughter. "Casey is writing...a detailed and definitive account of her life and the tragedy of losing Caylee and everything that followed," a source told InTouch. "She knows the book will be controversial and that no matter what she does she will face criticism, but she also feels she has a story that has never been told. Nobody else has lived it, so no one else can tell it."


Recommended for you